INGENIOUS Final Event was a success
The INGENIOUS project organised its Final Event virtually on Tuesday 31 January 2023. After three years and five months of productive research work and innovation the INGENIOUS partners showcased the project’s results and outcomes and demonstrated the final INGENIOUS solution for the First Responder (FR) of the Future: A Next Generation Integrated Toolkit (NGIT) for Collaborative Response, increasing protection and augmenting operational capacity. The event generated great interest, attracting around 90 participants from Europe and worldwide.
During the INGENIOUS Final Event, the technical partners presented the final Prototypes of the INGENIOUS NGIT and the successful integration among the various tools and components of the Toolkit developed with the ultimate goal of empowering the FR of the future to be fully aware, fully connected and fully integrated when operating at an emergency scene. The presentations were focused on the main functionalities, benefits and advantages of the technologies for the First Responders as well as on the rich programme of the INGENIOUS Integration, Testing and Validation activities and the results obtained when using the technologies in realistic multi-hazard scenarios. The INGENIOUS End Users presented their perspective and impressions from using the INGENIOUS technologies during our testing activities as well as the benefits of the technologies in emergency situations according to their experience.
During the 2nd part of the Final Event, the INGENIOUS partners focused on showcasing the capabilities of the technologies while testing them in the field. The different features and the results generated during the extensive testing and validation of the technologies in realistic environmental conditions were also presented through videos documenting the potential of the technologies for the First Responder of the Future. The presentation of the Innovation Management methodology & strategy as well as the roadmap for Commercialisation and Exploitation of the technologies was also of particular interest.
The INGENIOUS Final Event hosted also a Cluster Session to discuss the importance of developing state-of-the-art technologies to meet the needs of First Responders ensuring their safety and improving emergency response operations. CURSOR, FASTER and Flexi-cross were the sister projects that participated in the Clustering Session and presented their results, contributing to the exchange of knowledge and expertise in the process of developing and validating their technologies.
All the presentations given during the Workshop are available below:
- Welcome and Introduction to the INGENIOUS Final Event, ICCS
- INGENIOUS project Outline and Impact – The Next Generation Integrated Toolkit (NGIT) for the FR of the Future, ICCS
- “Smart” First Responders: INGENIOUS Tools & Services to protect them and enhance their operational tasks, TEK
- INGENIOUS “Smart” Devices in the air and on the ground, ITC
- INGENIOUS Information Management, Augmenting the Common Operational Picture & First Responders’ Apps, EXUS
- Insights from the INGENIOUS First Responders, SBFF
- Laboratory Integration Tests Results (LITs), TEK
- Small Scale Tests Results (SSTs), ICCS
- Full Scale eXercises Results (FSXs), STWS
Insights from DRS02 Cluster projects
- CURSOR – Tiina Ristmäe, THW, Germany
- FASTER – Anastasios Dimou, CERTH, Greece
- FLEXICROSS – Giuseppe Vella, ENG, Italy